Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's a beautiful morning...from the beach

Everyday here in North Beach is something to glory about. Today the waves are not so lazy, it looks as though there might be a squall acomin'. Both the sky and the lake are in their gun metal grey stage, but still beautiful. When the wind is coming fro the NNE, anything could happen. Whatever goes on, "This is the day the Lord hath made and I will be glad and rejoice in it." (God, in the Bible)

Here's one of my fave quotes. "Believe in life! Always human beings will live and progress to greater, broader, and fuller life." (W.E.B. du Bois, 1967)

Long day yesterday, drove down to my surgeon in Barrington, IL. Lunch at Tropical Smoothie Cafe, yum for the chicken salad sandwhich with cranberries and walnuts. Had to have my third MRI on the knee, back to Illinois on Thursday morning for the results. Dear God, let it be a simple sprain/strain. Whatever is up with this blasted knee will not stop me from rejoicing in my tribulations, which works my patience and endurance. Plus I get a crown of life for staying the journey cheerfully. Doesn't mean I won't cry, wince, or take pain pills some times, but rejoicing is still how I am gonna take it.

Still working slowly but surely on emptying the boxes. Still trying to get rid of half the junk I don't use. I love Goodwill and they love me. Keeping America working in my own small way.

Here in North Beach, I am gathering inspiration from my lake that can translate into pages in my novel (Got Any Rivers...). It has been a long time coming this work of love and commiseration that will, hopefully someday, help at least one teenager, to let them know their suffering, fears, and confusion are understood and shared. It was reading books like Madeleine L Engles "A Wrinkle in Time, "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee, all the Judy Blume books, etc&. that helped me through a difficult early coming of age.

So, what's blessing you to day? Where have your dreams taken you? Hope things are at least good, if not wonderful in your slice of the world.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, teenage years are an intense time of life. I seem to write about teens a lot, though I never set out to do that. A friend of mine, with some annoyance, said, "Why do you always have to write about teenagers?" I told her I was currently working on something about an infant. She rolled her eyes and said, "Adults! Write something all about adults!" OK, OK! Someday...

    ReplyDelete