Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Why can't we teach our dogs to....

My dog, Harper Lee, thinks she should be coddled, pampered, noticed and petted all the day long. Now, don't get me wrong, she does wake me up with kisses, never messes in the house, and barks when anyone approaches our door. I appreciate all she does for me.

Here is what I do for here. Buy her all raw meat food, which means a twenty-five minute drive out to Sturtevant. She actually eats better than me. Not to mention I pay the rent, gas, petrol and favorite biskies, she is v. particular. She gets long walks, drives in the car, runs on the beach, and much, much more.

All I wish she could do is wash the dishes occasionally, the laundry, dust (she could use her tail and go out side to shakey, shakey it off her), and give herself a bath every once in a while. Sounds reasonable to me. And, man if she could file papers that would be grand. Okay, I know what you would say, "She doesn't have thumbs or fingers." My reply, can't they evolve? How about genetic assistance in evolving. Come on, science has managed to clone all kinds of things. They also managed to take the glorious scent of roses out of many different varieties, in order to make them more tolerant to inclement conditions. Is it too much to ask them to get it together and enhance canine abilities?


Well, no matter I shall love Harper always. She is my best friend (on four legs that is), forever and ever and ever, to infinity and beyond!


"Just wishing and hoping..." to quote the beginning of a Dusty Springfield song. Am I old or what? :>)

No comments:

Post a Comment